Skip to main content

A beginning after an end

Sometimes, losing something means getting a better and more fulfilling alternative. I just lost my weblog. I started my first blog in June 2005 and ended its life in December. It was my personal decision to delete my entire blog. It was infected not by virus but by people who don’t have any idea what my first blog meant to me.

What is a blog for me?

My blog is my outlet. I don’t talk too much in public. I reserve the right to keep quiet especially if I am not comfortable talking with the people in front of me. My blog is the place where I am able to freely express what I feel and share how things are going on in my life. There is just no substitute for a blog like this. Not even a face-to-face communication can be more fulfilling than blogging.


My first blog…

…became my witness in almost all my struggles for the second half of the year.
…contained the most inspiring reflection papers I wrote for my Philosophy courses.
… knew how hardly I worked for the institution I am a part of.
… encouraged me to write interesting and personal articles on-the-spot.
…knew what made me happy and what made me cry.
… allowed me to be present in the virtual world.
…was where I put my heart as a writer.
… taught me to appreciate and evaluate unusual and everyday experiences.
…made me feel that I was a part of the virtual world.

WHAT MY FIRST BLOG CONTAINED:

  • My thoughts on the philosopher Jacques Derrida (my classmate’s report in my Philo class)

  • My feelings on my husband’s birthday

  • My feelings for my precious son and daughter

  • My comments on my work as a language teacher

  • My thoughts on my best students during the first semester

  • My article about myself, being a writer and a teacher

  • My reflection paper on THE EMPEROR’S CLUB, one of my favorite films

  • My reflection on one of the best novels of all time: TUESDAYS WITH MORRIE, written by Mitch Albom who also wrote another good novel titled FIVE PEOPLE YOU MEET IN HEAVEN

  • My opinion on what make me lucky and what made me feel sorry for.

  • My thoughts on being at a fancy bar for the first time

  • Some photos taken during my mother’s birthday at an elegant restaurant in Balibago

  • Photo of the very first card I received from my angels – Cha & Stef

  • My thoughts on my teacher-adviser’s death at the age of 43.

  • My thoughts on being the first faculty to arrive at a meeting place – first time in 6 years (

  • My thoughts on an incident that made me really mad at someone whose name does not deserve any space here – this blog entry made me decide to forget about all this blogging thing.

But of course, never will I stop this because of that silly incident. I just decided to get a new blog spot for myself. And here it is!!


WELCOME TO THE NEW AND MORE CHALLENGING WORLD THIS 2006!
WELCOME TO THIS BLOG!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Levels Earned, Lessons Learned in SHAIYA

The holy week was not really holy for me. This was time of the year when I played hard. Really played hard, as in trying to make the toon level every time I logged in . And to help my toon level up, even my husband and my daughter would play with her. This year, my toon is DanieGanda. Danie, for the record, is my daughter's nick name. But I thought of adding the word "Ganda," which is a tagalog term for Beauty. DanieGanda is a human priest in the normal mode. As the rule in Shaiya, a player won't be able to create a character in the hard mode [here, toons are stronger] without first reaching level 40 in the normal mode, which is a level lower than HM. When DanieGanda started, she was power leveled by king-kruller, whom DanieGanda met while my daughter was playing the toon. King_kruller was als o Danie's first friend in Shaiya. At the moment, he's already level 58, UM. The experience was good for Danie was able to meet players from different walks o

Management Lessons from GUNG HO

'I must recognize that man achieves the highest degree of efficiency when he plays. If someone says he works out of loyalty to the company, he is a damned liar.' ----Soichiro Honda Founder-millionaire Honda Motor Co., Ltd. When a company fails, who should take the blame? When the workers complain, who should do some reflections, the management or the workers themselves? Hunt Stevenson, in the movie GUNG HO (means to WORK TOGETHER) , needed to do some reflections before it was too late. His failure to do some actions would result in closure of Assan Motors, thereby leaving hundreds of American laborers unemployed. According to Robert Heller, the author of the article EFFECTIVE MANAGEMENT: TAKING RESPONSIBILITY, "How the boss behaves has a profound effect on how other managers perform - and thus on the performance of the entire outfit. That's a self-evident truth, acknowledged by most people. But few bosses acknowledge the corollary: that inferior performance is partl

An Open Letter to my Daughter as She Goes Off to College

Dear Stef, I know you’re excited to go to college, meet new friends, and embrace a more fast-paced life in Manila. I’m also excited for you! I know that the physical distance between us will only make you become stronger and more prepared to face the real world once you’ve finished college. I want you to be fully equipped and well-prepared when that time comes. I’m confident you won’t have problems being on your own. As you know, I’ve been there – was then studying in Manila, away from my parent, since I was in high school, kaya pagdating ng college sa Baguio, halos end of semester na lang ako umuuwi. At least ngayon, meron nang FB, Twitter, Skype and ‘unli text and call’, so keeping in touch is no longer an issue. Pero siyempre, iba pa rin kapag we don’t see you every day para kumustahin ang araw mo. . . Well, malapit lang naman ang Manila from Angeles, and madali ka lang puntahan, or madali ka lang makauwi, but it’s still very different from what I’ve been used to. Ngayon, without y