Skip to main content

Just what I have in mind right now

Prelim exam starts on Monday and ends on Wednesday -- that's the sked for the GE subjects. For the first time, I am not busy preparing test papers for English 1 or English 4. Finally, I don't have to teach English subjects. This sem, I don't have any English subject to teach to students from other colleges. But I got five professional subjects -- five subjects, four preparations. Okay lang. I still think that is better than having two or three preparations but dealing with non-Mass Comm. students.

**********************************************************

I wanted so much to attend the Cinemalaya Film Congress but I couldn't just leave my class. I even wanted my third year MC students to attend the conference but the university has a policy that no seminar or affair should be conducted before and after the exam week. Besides, I didn't have enough time to process the papers needed prior to attending conferences/ seminars. Sayang.

**********************************************************


I wonder how the people around are able to function well without even reacting to some obvious changes that seem so unacceptable. Till now, I still couldn't get why the powerful have to take things they used to give. And I wonder why despite uncertainty, everybody seems to act as if everything is normal. I don't know. Maybe I just feel like doing so much for so little. Perhaps.

**********************************************************

I want to watch alternative films like SAAN NAGTATAGO SI HAPPINESS? and KUBRADOR (an award-winning film written by Mr. Ralston Jover) but the venue is too far from here. I hope Cinemalaya Foundation will think about showing the alternative films on malls. And hopefully, the management of malls won't think of alternative films as trash -- just what SM thinks about local sexy films.

***********************************************************

May nakakaasar na naman sa local TV. I wonder what is in the head of the writers of Capt. Barbell. Ano ba yun? Bakit nagkaroon ng characters na Aerobika? Over-acting talaga si Rufa Mae. She knows nothing but cheap acting. I started forbidding my kids to watch Capt. Barbell because of the appearance of that character. Masama ang loob ni Charles because I used to allow him to watch that kaso lang, hindi ko ma-take ang lenggwahe ng Aerobika na character. I hope the writers would think that viewers are not as stupid as Aerobika. I thought even Mars Ravelo would not want that character to ruin his original Capt. Barbell idea. If only I were a relative of Mars Ravelo, I won't allow GMA to make a mess out of the original story.
***********************************************************

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Levels Earned, Lessons Learned in SHAIYA

The holy week was not really holy for me. This was time of the year when I played hard. Really played hard, as in trying to make the toon level every time I logged in . And to help my toon level up, even my husband and my daughter would play with her. This year, my toon is DanieGanda. Danie, for the record, is my daughter's nick name. But I thought of adding the word "Ganda," which is a tagalog term for Beauty. DanieGanda is a human priest in the normal mode. As the rule in Shaiya, a player won't be able to create a character in the hard mode [here, toons are stronger] without first reaching level 40 in the normal mode, which is a level lower than HM. When DanieGanda started, she was power leveled by king-kruller, whom DanieGanda met while my daughter was playing the toon. King_kruller was als o Danie's first friend in Shaiya. At the moment, he's already level 58, UM. The experience was good for Danie was able to meet players from different walks o

Management Lessons from GUNG HO

'I must recognize that man achieves the highest degree of efficiency when he plays. If someone says he works out of loyalty to the company, he is a damned liar.' ----Soichiro Honda Founder-millionaire Honda Motor Co., Ltd. When a company fails, who should take the blame? When the workers complain, who should do some reflections, the management or the workers themselves? Hunt Stevenson, in the movie GUNG HO (means to WORK TOGETHER) , needed to do some reflections before it was too late. His failure to do some actions would result in closure of Assan Motors, thereby leaving hundreds of American laborers unemployed. According to Robert Heller, the author of the article EFFECTIVE MANAGEMENT: TAKING RESPONSIBILITY, "How the boss behaves has a profound effect on how other managers perform - and thus on the performance of the entire outfit. That's a self-evident truth, acknowledged by most people. But few bosses acknowledge the corollary: that inferior performance is partl

An Open Letter to my Daughter as She Goes Off to College

Dear Stef, I know you’re excited to go to college, meet new friends, and embrace a more fast-paced life in Manila. I’m also excited for you! I know that the physical distance between us will only make you become stronger and more prepared to face the real world once you’ve finished college. I want you to be fully equipped and well-prepared when that time comes. I’m confident you won’t have problems being on your own. As you know, I’ve been there – was then studying in Manila, away from my parent, since I was in high school, kaya pagdating ng college sa Baguio, halos end of semester na lang ako umuuwi. At least ngayon, meron nang FB, Twitter, Skype and ‘unli text and call’, so keeping in touch is no longer an issue. Pero siyempre, iba pa rin kapag we don’t see you every day para kumustahin ang araw mo. . . Well, malapit lang naman ang Manila from Angeles, and madali ka lang puntahan, or madali ka lang makauwi, but it’s still very different from what I’ve been used to. Ngayon, without y