Skip to main content

A MESSAGE FROM A STUDENT

I just want to post this inspiring message from my student, though without schema, you may not understand what this guy is talking about. The sender is a first year Mass Comm student-- my student in English 2A.

Read on...

Date:
Sat, 25 Mar 2006 01:14:14 -0800 (PST)
From:
"Edwin Ryan de Leon" Add to Address Book Add Mobile Alert Yahoo! DomainKeys has confirmed that this message was sent by yahoo.com. Learn more
Subject:
Ahhhh...you are so great! - - dose of thoughts
To:
"Virginia Bautista"

I really think you are and i can't believe myself. there must be something with the way you express yourself that actually makes me listen. I can't tell.

But I do get your point -- That is being written with all honesty and sincerity. I understand that group now. actually i really do(even before). I was like them. "i began as a skeptic... then i became a believer"... hahahaha... being serious i was a President of Many religious organizations before. I was a member of the youth practitioners of the church in pampanga. i was so dedicated to what i was doing.

But it came to the point that i questioned some things which we do and struggled to find some answers. I left all of the organizations and bequeathed my positions. but no matter where i go all... the believers are scattered. So there's no one else to ask but them. this frustrated me because not even one person, who believes, was able to justify what they are doing.

then i realized that i am not the type of person who lives life with out their spines. I am not easily flowing with the wind. And people think that i am a hard headed person. I am not offended by that, because i really am. "hard heads are hard because there's something inside, empty heads are soft --- logically".

That's a big was. Something happened after i sent you the E-mail. I brushed the mail again and realized that i have so many questions. Then finally i reflected. (inspired by you) here are the things that everyone should hear:

I asked myself why do we ask questions? - - Many would say because we want to learn, for knowledge sake or to challenge ourselves but didn't you notice that even the answers are questionable and the answers would lead to another question? Now here's my assumption... Every time we ask question/s we as humans are celebrating and appreciating our imperfection. we can never give a perfect answer. Questions prove that we can never have everything to answer everything. we will always end up struggling and settling for (if pondered well) nothing. (i know even my answer is questionable) but that is exactly what i was talking about.

why do we answer questions? - - yeah why do we answer questions when in reality we always end up giving more questions? many would say that this is the test of knowledge. well perhaps they are right. but the truth is when we answer questions we celebrate life. We are thinking being and the moment we stop thinking we stop "living"
we continue to exist but we are mere warm bodies if we don't think. even believers think. if we don't answer the question nothing change in our lives not going up not going down. existing with out moving - therefore we are not really living.

and therefore i concluded that the believers are some what admirable. They are because they can think and settle somewhere in the line. why Critical people think and think and believe (only for a while). then they move again to question?

i've always been a fan of the YIN YANG and here's the connection of my avowal. The one won't exist with out the other. the believers won't have anything to believe with out the work of thinking and the critics won't question with out that the thing that people believed.

I am satisfied now. I am a believer of my own discovery and i want to thank you for i couldn't really get this far with out the fallacies... which are actually as old as life and as eternal as life.

you really did a good job. you really did. 3 THINGs I LEARNED for your class...
--THINK-- --RESPECT-- --BELIEVE--.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Levels Earned, Lessons Learned in SHAIYA

The holy week was not really holy for me. This was time of the year when I played hard. Really played hard, as in trying to make the toon level every time I logged in . And to help my toon level up, even my husband and my daughter would play with her. This year, my toon is DanieGanda. Danie, for the record, is my daughter's nick name. But I thought of adding the word "Ganda," which is a tagalog term for Beauty. DanieGanda is a human priest in the normal mode. As the rule in Shaiya, a player won't be able to create a character in the hard mode [here, toons are stronger] without first reaching level 40 in the normal mode, which is a level lower than HM. When DanieGanda started, she was power leveled by king-kruller, whom DanieGanda met while my daughter was playing the toon. King_kruller was als o Danie's first friend in Shaiya. At the moment, he's already level 58, UM. The experience was good for Danie was able to meet players from different walks o

Management Lessons from GUNG HO

'I must recognize that man achieves the highest degree of efficiency when he plays. If someone says he works out of loyalty to the company, he is a damned liar.' ----Soichiro Honda Founder-millionaire Honda Motor Co., Ltd. When a company fails, who should take the blame? When the workers complain, who should do some reflections, the management or the workers themselves? Hunt Stevenson, in the movie GUNG HO (means to WORK TOGETHER) , needed to do some reflections before it was too late. His failure to do some actions would result in closure of Assan Motors, thereby leaving hundreds of American laborers unemployed. According to Robert Heller, the author of the article EFFECTIVE MANAGEMENT: TAKING RESPONSIBILITY, "How the boss behaves has a profound effect on how other managers perform - and thus on the performance of the entire outfit. That's a self-evident truth, acknowledged by most people. But few bosses acknowledge the corollary: that inferior performance is partl

An Open Letter to my Daughter as She Goes Off to College

Dear Stef, I know you’re excited to go to college, meet new friends, and embrace a more fast-paced life in Manila. I’m also excited for you! I know that the physical distance between us will only make you become stronger and more prepared to face the real world once you’ve finished college. I want you to be fully equipped and well-prepared when that time comes. I’m confident you won’t have problems being on your own. As you know, I’ve been there – was then studying in Manila, away from my parent, since I was in high school, kaya pagdating ng college sa Baguio, halos end of semester na lang ako umuuwi. At least ngayon, meron nang FB, Twitter, Skype and ‘unli text and call’, so keeping in touch is no longer an issue. Pero siyempre, iba pa rin kapag we don’t see you every day para kumustahin ang araw mo. . . Well, malapit lang naman ang Manila from Angeles, and madali ka lang puntahan, or madali ka lang makauwi, but it’s still very different from what I’ve been used to. Ngayon, without y